So I wrote this post back on March 31, 2010 – but I figured, nobody wants to read me live blogging, right? Wrong. Apparently, live blogging was an enjoyable experience for some of you out there. Mind you, when I wrote this, I was still fresh to the HP franchise, so I had no idea what was going on. But, I’m proud (I guess) to say that I’ve completed all 7 books and watched all of the movie so far. Yay nerd-om. So here is my “live” experience with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
Ok, let’s get this out of the way. No – I have not read any of the Harry Potter books nor have I seen any of the Harry Potter movies. I know, let that sink in. Why, you ask? I don’t know. I never got around to it, it wasn’t my cup of tea, I’m more of a Lord of the Rings person – you pick an excuse for me. The point is, I never had anything to do with the “magical world” of Harry Potter.
Well, that’s kind of untrue now. A couple of weeks ago, I was forced to listen to something else besides music at work when the “iron curtain” came down in the form of music stations being blocked at work. So, my co-worker was kind enough to let me borrow his Harry Potter audio books.
And I have to admit, they’re pretty good. Sure there are some major plot points that have been ruined for me, but that’s ok. I never thought that I’d actually give this series a chance. But after listening to the first book, I was hooked. (LAWL that rhymed).
After “reading” a bit of the third book, I realized that I still haven’t seen any of the movies. So, I Netflix’d the first movie.
So, here is a “live” post about my thoughts on the movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I hope you find this entry ridiculous and entertaining. Also, if you’re one of those rare people that have never seen or read Harry Potter, there might be some spoilers in here, so be weary. So go pop in the first movie, sit down, grab some popcorn, and visualize I am there watching the movie alongside you!
- Hagrid’s much smaller. Like a young, alcoholic Santa instead of the giant in the book.
- WHY DOESN’T DUDDERS LOOK ARYAN THE WAY HE WAS DESCRIBED IN THE BOOK?!
- This should be called “Harry Potter and the Abrupt Beginning of the Movie: Just So We Can Get to Hogwarts”
Keep reading for more sassiness!
- Chris Columbus (the director) should have stuck to exploring instead of directing this movie. It just seems a little…kiddish…
- So I’m definitely watching a kid’s movie…I don’t know how I feel about this
- It’s weird that they’re 10 years old. They just look like little people versions of themselves…
- Black wizards – I thought those only existed in DC? (*rim shot*)
- I must sound so weird geeking out about Harry Potter like 10 years too late. Its like I was in a coma
- OH HERE COMES SNAPE AND HIS NASILY VOICE
- Well someone’s a little bit of a diva. It should’ve been like this: “Mr. Potttterrr…” *finger snaps*
- This feast looks delicious. And on another note, didn’t realize wizards loved soul food….
- Is Nearly Headless Nick the dad from Boondock Saints? Wait, nope. It’s not – I checked
- ZOMG QUIDDITCH
- Harry must have some crazy upper body strength. He’s shaking like a salt shaker!
- I don’t think I read the part in the book where everyone playing Quidditch became obvious CG characters. Must’ve been in the “other” version…
- I would totally dominate these kids in real or wizard’s chess
- “Happy Christmas”. IT’S MERRY! MERRY!!! Ugh, English people…Now I miss Christmas.
- Invisibility cloak! (*squeel*) (*fixes glasses*)
- It looks like a Mexican Luchador’s cape.
- This movie should really have been called “Harry Potter and His Wicked Unibrow”
- Filtch looks like a pirate. Excuse me – I think you’re in the wrong movie with accents, sir.
- Dead parents! EEK!
- Ron really wants to wizard slap Hermoine for all that back talk she’s giving him.
- God this movie is long. Not that I’m complaining – well, yeah, I am.
- The T-2000 was in the Forbidden Forest.
- I wonder what unicorns taste like.
- I wish these ghosts would ghost ride a whip
- I would think that this scene with the vines would have been very awkward to film. It’s like weird tentacle fetishes…
- “It’s a graveyard.” What are you, an idiot?
- Those hats look retarded. Take that off….
- “To Ms. Granger for the cool use of intellect” for the puzzle that she never solved! 50 POINTS FOR SHENANIGANS!!!
- “Harry Potter and the 2 Hour Kid’s Movie”.